Heritage Oaks is seeking a highly motivated/ highly detailed individual to join our team. Under direction from the Golf Course Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendent the Chemical Technician would be responsible for scouting and analyzing unwanted pests, weeds and diseases. Appropriately applies all pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers associated with golf course maintenance. Ability to maintain accurate records of applications and inventory is a must. Attention to detail in this position is very important.
1. Inspect turf and shrubs and other areas to determine pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer needs.
2. Application of pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer in a safe manner.
3. Calibrate and operate all application equipment.
4. Maintain inventory of products.
5. Keep very accurate application records.
6. Obtain the Commercial Applicators License within 90 days of employment.
7. Compliance with all local, state and federal laws pertaining to chemical/fertilizer applications.
Benefits offered after 90 days include:
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Dues to local and national associations